Saturday, August 6, 2011

Masterchef


A few weeks ago I've been watching Junior Masterchef Australia, a bunch of kids around 10 years old that cook so unbelievably good. It's just amazing to see! And I thought: 'if they can do it, then I should be able to do that too'.
So I started cooking.
By now I've made already a few things myself: chickenschnitzel, panna cotta with vanilla and raspberries, cheesecake with white chocolate, filled hamburgers, alcohol-free trifle, an attempt to making Scottish eggs and chocolatemousse. I had made pictures of everything, but my laptop crashed recently and all those nice pictures are gone. So you'll have to believe me on my word that the panna cotta looked and tasted very good and also the cheesecake was a winner, delicious!
So I'm all into cooking now. Every weekend I make some stuff. Thursdayevening or friday I go through my cookbooks (I got a few from my mom) and I think of what I can make. I make a shoppinglist and go to get my groceries.
Most of the time it's moving around with stuff, because my kitchen is just 2 by 1,5 meters. But despite that, I've already made a few nice things.
Also yesterday. For dinner I've made paprikaburgers and a pea-frittata with mint. That's what you see on the picture at the top. It tasted OK, although I could have added a bit more salt and pepper. Actually, most of the time that happens to me, not enough salt... I think I'm affraid of adding too much salt, and then you're not able of taking it out again. So according to that, I should be taking a bit more risk with that.
The coming weeks I'll probably not cooke very special, because there will be some renovation done at my home for 7 weeks. But if I happen to make something nice, I'll post a picture here.
_________________________________________

Een paar weken geleden keek ik Junior Masterchef Australia, een stel kinderen van rond de 10 die de sterren van de hemel koken. En ik dacht: 'als zij dat kunnen, dan moet ik dat ook kunnen'.
Dus ik ben wat gaan kokkerellen.
Ik heb inmiddels al een en ander gemaakt: kipschnitzels, panna cotta met vanille en frambozen, cheesecake met witte chocolade, gevulde hamburgers, een alcohol-loze trifle, een poging tot schotse eieren en chocolademousse. Ik had overal foto's van gemaakt, maar m'n laptop is gecrasht en ik ben nu al die leuke foto's kwijt. Dus jullie zullen me moeten geloven dat vooral de panna cotta er erg lekker en mooi uitzag (en ook erg lekker smaakte) en ook de cheesecake was een toppertje, heerlijk!
Ik ben nu echt helemaal into cooking. Elke weekend maak ik wel wat. Donderdagavond of vrijdag blader ik m'n kookboeken door (een aantal van m'n moeder gekregen) en bedenk dan wat ik zal gaan maken. Ik maak een boodschappenlijstje en doe de boodschappen.
Vaak is het een hoop gepruts en vooral een hoop geschuif met dingen, aangezien mijn keukentje 2 bij 1,5 meter is. Maar ik heb toch al aardig wat lekkere dingen gemaakt.
Zo ook gisteren. Voor 't eten gisteravond heb ik paprikaburgers en doperwtenfrittata met munt gemaakt. Dat is wat je op de foto hierboven ziet. 't smaakte OK, maar ik had er wat meer zout en peper doorheen mogen doen. Daar loop ik eigenlijk steeds tegenaan, te weinig zout... Ik ben denk ik te bang om er teveel zout in te doen, omdat je dat er niet meer uit kunt halen. Dus wat dat betreft zal ik wat meer risico's moeten leren nemen.
De komende weken zal ik misschien niet zo heel bijzonder koken, omdat ze 7 weken gaan verbouwen bij mij thuis. Maar als ik iets speciaals maak, zal ik er hier een foto van posten.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like this blog? Sign up for the free JCLN Newsletter!

Pin It button on image hover